Liverpool is an exciting, vibrant city that has something for everyone, whether you’re looking for culture, history, or just some free family-friendly fun. Central Liverpool Credit Union (CLCU) is here to help you save money and make the most of your leisure time. With friendly locals, thriving nightlife and centuries of rich history to delve into, it is no surprise that Liverpool is the place to visit, whether you’re wanting to take the kids out for the day or you’re new to the city.
The summer holidays are on the horizon, and they can be and expensive time of year. This is why we’ve put together a list of the top 10 free and easily accessible days out in Liverpool, so you and the kids can have fun without breaking the bank. Read on to discover some experiences and suggestions for free days out in Liverpool that are sure to appeal to the whole family.
- Liverpool Central Library – This stunning building is a must-visit for book lovers, with a collection of over 15,000 rare books, books for all ages, CDs and DVDs to choose from. The library also has free Wi-Fi access throughout the building, so you can catch up on work or study while you’re there.
- Museum of Liverpool – This modern museum tells the story of Liverpool’s past and present, with interactive exhibits and displays that are perfect for all ages. The Museum of Liverpool is the world’s first national museum devoted to the history of a regional city, demonstrating Liverpool’s contribution to the world.
- Merseyside Maritime Museum – Discover Liverpool’s rich maritime history and learn about the Titanic, Empress and Lusitania – all gigantic and highly significant ships to sail from Liverpool, as well as many other historical events.
- World Museum – From Ancient Egypt to outer space, the World Museum has something for everyone. With free admission, it’s a great place to spend the day with the family. This summer there will also be a Greek Gods and Goddesses exhibit in the museum too!
- Liverpool Cathedral – This stunning cathedral is one of Liverpool’s most iconic landmarks. With free admission, you can explore the beautiful architecture and take in the stunning views from the tower, as well as the dungeons.
- Sefton Park – This beautiful park is perfect for a picnic, a stroll, or just some relaxation in the sun. With its beautiful lakes, gardens, and historic buildings, it’s a true oasis in the heart of the city.
- The Royal Albert Dock – This historic dock is home to a range of shops, bars, and restaurants, and there are often free events and activities taking place throughout the year. It offers stunning views of the River Mersey as well as the Liverpool skyline, making for a scenic stroll.
- Crosby Beach – This stunning beach is home to Antony Gormley’s ‘Another Place’ sculptures, which are spread out along the shoreline and make for a unique and memorable experience. Spend some time relaxing in the sand, strolling past sand dunes and walking around the Marina.
- The Walker Art Gallery – This world-renowned art gallery is home to some of the most important works of art in the UK which date back to the 13th century. Some of the collection includes pieces by Rosetti, Monet, and Van Gogh.
- Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral – This stunning modernist cathedral is a true masterpiece of architecture, with beautiful stained-glass windows and a peaceful atmosphere that is perfect for reflection and contemplation. It is just a 15 minute walk from the Anglican Cathedral alone Hope Street!
Now that you have some ideas for free days out in Liverpool, you might be wondering how you can save money on other things. That’s where CLCU comes in – we’re here to help you save money and make the most of your finances. We offer a range of savings accounts that are designed to suit your needs, whether you’re saving for a rainy day or a big purchase. We also offer loans at affordable rates, so you can get the money you need without paying high interest rates.
At CLCU, we’re passionate about helping our members achieve their financial goals. We believe that everyone should have access to affordable financial services, regardless of their income or background. As a non-profit organisation, we reinvest our profits back into the business, so we can offer better rates and services to our members.
Whether you’re struggling on a limited income, need to replace that dodgy washing machine, or just desperate for a holiday, we’re here to help.
To find out more about the services we offer, CLICK HERE.