There are three parts to these terms and conditions:
- Use of this website
- Security notice
- Loan terms and conditions
Use of this website
Access to this web Website and the use of information contained on it is governed by the terms and conditions set out below.
These terms and conditions are important and are for the protection of both you and Central Liverpool Credit Union (CLCU). Please take the time to read the terms and conditions carefully. By proceeding further you will be deemed to have accepted them. Please note that references to ‘we’ mean CLCU, partner agencies and any subsidiaries.
- This Website is established in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom and will be governed by the laws of that country. When you use the Website, you accept that your use of the Website and any information on the Site, will also be governed by the laws of the UK and if any claim or dispute arises from your use of the Website or any of the information on it, you agree that the UK courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over all such claims or disputes.
- We have provided the contents of this Website for your information only. The distribution of information on the Website may be restricted by local law or regulation in certain jurisdictions. This information is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any such jurisdiction and persons accessing these pages should inform themselves about and observe any such restrictions. If you are in any doubt as to whether this Website can be lawfully used by you please do not proceed further.
- Information about some of the products and services on this Website is subject to specific restrictions concerning the persons to whom such information may be made available. Details of such restrictions are set out on the pages to which they relate and you should read those details carefully before proceeding to the rest of the relevant page.
- Information about some of the products and services on this Website are subject to additional Legal Notices and Warnings. These notices and warnings are important and are for the protection of both you and us. Please take the time to carefully read all Legal Notices and Warnings on the pages of this Website that you visit.
- We have given the information on the Website in good faith. We have taken the information from trade and other sources believed to be reliable. Although we have made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all of the information on the Website is accurate at the time of inclusion, we do not represent that this is the case and it should not be relied upon as such. Please note that we may update or alter the information on this Website at any time without giving notice of the alterations. Any opinions and estimates expressed reflect our judgement at the date given and are also subject to change without notice. Accordingly you agree not to hold us responsible for any inaccuracies or omissions. If you do not understand or if you have any queries on any of the information on the Site, we recommend that you consult a professional financial adviser.
- Please note that the sending of personal information via e-mail over the internet may not be secure and can be intercepted by third parties or incorrectly delivered. You should not divulge personal information over the internet unless you are using a secure or encrypted communications technology.
- Some pages on this Website contain hypertext links to web sites not maintained by us. You are reminded that when you enter other websites via such hypertext links, you will not be subject to these terms and conditions and you will not benefit from the protections afforded to you in using our Site. We will not be liable in any way for the content, availability or use of such linked web sites and you use such links entirely at your own risk.
- Some of the pages on this Website contain hypertext links to web sites of business units and associates of CLCU. You are reminded that when you enter such sites, you will be subject to the terms and conditions of those sites.
- Access to and use of this Website is at the user’s own risk and we do not represent or warrant that the use of this Website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to property, including but not limited to loss of data or computer virus infection. In no event do we accept liability of any description including liability for negligence for any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the access, use or performance of this Website or any its contents.
- The information contained in this Website is for information purposes only. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation we do not make any warranties or representations as to their completeness, accuracy or reliability of the contents of this Site. We neither accept nor assume any responsibility to you in relation to the contents of this Site.
- The contents of this Site, including these terms and conditions, are subject to change by us without notification. The information in this Website may be updated from time to time and may at times be out of date. We accept no responsibility for keeping the information in this Website up to date or liability for any failure to do so.
- Copyright in the Website and the information set out on it belongs to us and may not be copied, transmitted or reproduced without our prior consent.
While all reasonable security precautions have been taken by the CLCU, the nature of communication by the Internet is such that CLCU cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of any information relating to the member passing over the Internet. In accessing the CLCU Website and in availing of our services, the member accepts that electronic mail messaging may not be free from interference by third parties and may not remain confidential. The use of the CLCU’s Website is at the user’s sole risk.
Loan terms and conditions
When applying for a loan using this website, you are agreeing the following terms:
- I will notify CENTRAL LIVERPOOL CREDIT UNION LTD (hereafter called the Credit Union) of any changes in financial or personal circumstances preventing me from making a loan repayment as agreed between myself and the Credit Union and outlined in the Promissory Note. I understand that the Credit Union may, depending on my circumstances, allow me to renegotiate the repayment terms of the loan should I suffer a change in my financial circumstances. Notifications or negotiations of this sort must be done through the Credit Union’s Loan Officers.
- I will notify the Credit Union of any name change, change of address or a change of next of kin. I understand that should I change address without informing the Credit Union they will instruct their Debt Collection Agency to conduct a search of my whereabouts and that I will be charged for any costs incurred for that search.
- I understand that if the Credit Union has a data sharing arrangement with a Registered Social Landlord that happens to be my Landlord the Credit Union and the Landlord may share pertinent information about me, such as whether or not I am still living at the address and if I have rent or loan arrears.
- I understand that should I miss more than 2 consecutive loan repayments without consultation or permission from the Credit Union, then the Credit Union reserves the right to periodically deduct any outstanding interest from my shares without prior notification and that, in doing so, the loan balance will not be reduced and the outstanding amount will still incur interest.
- I understand that, in the event of my persistent non-payment of this loan, the Credit Union reserves the right to transfer all my savings (as appropriate) from any account I have within the Credit Union to pay off the loan and any outstanding interest, and that any remaining loan balance will be pursued, if necessary, through the courts and court costs and our solicitors fees will be added to the outstanding balance.
- I understand that all costs incurred in pursuing non-payment of this loan will be added to my account and will increase the size of the amount outstanding.
- I understand that the Credit Union will pursue any non-payment of this loan and any non-payment could result in any of the following: my having a County Court Judgement against me, Bailiffs attending my property, an attachment of earnings, a charge on my property, deductions at source from state benefits or other penalties that the law allows.
- I agree that if I default on repayments, information about my loan may be passed onto the Department for Works and Pensions for their consideration of deductions from benefits that I am or will be entitled to.
- I understand that, should I have a guarantor for this loan, the guarantor will be pursued in addition to myself for any non-payment of this loan and all the Terms and Conditions of this loan also apply to my guarantor.
- I understand that the interest on this loan is charged at 1%, 2% or 3% per month of the outstanding balance of the loan and that the interest and loan details agreed when I signed the Promissory Note will alter if I do not make loan repayments as agreed when I took out the loan. If I make a late payment I will have to pay more interest than was shown on my Promissory Note and if I pay in advance I will pay less interest than is shown on my Promissory Note. In either case, the Credit Union will be able to give me the new details on request.
- I agree to hand my personal income and expenditure and other pertinent details to the Credit Union for checking as and when requested by the Credit Union and at the start of each loan application.