Central Liverpool Credit Union is Mental Health Aware.
Last summer (seems so long ago now) several of our staff and volunteers attended an Adult Mental Health First Aid course.
They are now certified as Mental Health First Aiders.
The course taught in depth skills for providing first aid to people who may be experiencing mental health issues such as depression, anxiety and psychosis.
Having Mental Health First Aiders supports our members in times of stress or anxiety.
In recognition of Mental Health Awareness week and this year’s theme of Kindness we have planned several acts of kindness from which members can benefit.
The first is to offer free places on a half day course to our members. This is on a first come first served basis. You too can be mental health aware.
We will arrange for the course to be delivered at some time later in the year (lockdown permitting) at our head office in Liverpool 8.
About the course
This course raises awareness of mental health. It covers:
- What mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
Everyone who completes the course recieves:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
The course is currently available as an online course at £125 per person at https://mhfaengland.org/individuals/adult/half-day
However, we feel members will benefit more from a group training situation so that is what we will be arranging. If you are interested in attending this course towards the end of this year then message us with your contact details and we will be in touch as soon as possible.